Job Title: Facility & Maintenance Technical Specialist
Posted on November 16, 2021
TITLE: Facility & Maintenance Technical Specialist
LOCATION: Toppenish Shop
WAGE: $20.00/HR Starting
The Facility & Maintenance Technical Specialist supports the Facility & Maintenance Assistant Manager with all aspects of the facilities maintenance for Yakama Nation Land Enterprise. The F&M Technical Specialist must demonstrate strong communication skills and superior leadership abilities.
The Facilities & Maintenance Assistant Manager will supervise and provide an annual performance evaluation.
May supervises own crew providing an annual performance evaluation for each full-time employee assigned, may also oversee specific job/project sites as directed.
Examples of Duties:
As needed, make minor electrical, carpentry, small engine and plumbing repairs.
Must have a flexible schedule, F&M Tech Specialist is on call 24/7 for emergencies and will routinely work weekends and holidays as needed.
Meet regularly with the Assistant F&M Manager to discuss operational status, needs and concerns.
Prepare weekly and biweekly reports and implement policies and procedures to maximize profit results and streamline operations.
Will work regularly with various contractors and suppliers.
Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skill in carpentry, electrical, masonry and other forms of facility maintenance.
- Credibility and integrity.
- Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines.
- Communication skills including: writing, speaking, and computer skills with great attention to detail.
- Strong calendaring, organizational and document management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive attitude.
- Adept in developing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal management and staff, as well as external Yakama Nation staff, clients, etc.
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills.
Must have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience relevant to the position described with the demonstrated ability to execute duties listed.
Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a valid Yakama Tribal Driver’s Permit.
Required to pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Location: Toppenish Shop
Base Pay: 20.00