Job Title: IT Network Technician
Posted on April 02, 2018
YAKAMA NATION NETWORKS
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: ENDS APRIL 27, 2018
Job Description: Network Technician
A Network Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and technical support of computer and networking equipment used by Yakama Nation Land Enterprise and Yakama Nation Networks. This position involves close interaction with the YNLE staff and ISP subscribers, excellent troubleshooting skills, and a strong interest in IT and networking. Network Technicians report to the Network Operations Manager and work alongside other Network Technicians and the YNN team. The applicant will be involved in networking, system administration, and day to day IT tasks.
- Be able to use a ticketing system to record internal IT and wireless ISP requests, prioritize workload and projects, and escalate when needed.
- Be able to take good notes and document work when needed, technical or non-technical.
- Onsite and over the phone troubleshooting of PC hardware, software, monitors, printers, phones, and cable infrastructure.
- Onsite and over the phone troubleshooting of customer premise equipment including antennas, WiFi routers, and cabling.
- Document, maintain, and support ISP and internal network infrastructure.
- Network and system monitoring for ISP including weeknights and weekends.
- Ability to run cables in false ceilings, ladder racks, through walls, surface mount, etc.
- Set up and installation of new PC’s and other hardware.
- Configuring ISP related equipment which including routers, switches, and APs.
- Extensive knowledge working with Windows operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and other common applications. Applicant will need to become familiar with onsite applications used by Yakama Nation Land Enterprise and Yakama Nation Networks.
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and able to support users of all ages and experience levels.
- Be able to train users when needed, and cross-train co-workers.
- Able to multi-task, stay organized, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Assist with regular backups as needed.
- Know how to recognize viruses/spyware/malware, and know how to prevent or get rid of it.
- Assisting Tower Engineer’s and Field Technicians with various tasks as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Customer service experience working with the public.
- Be self-motivated and ready to do whatever is required for the task or project.
- Able to work as an individual and part of the YNN team.
- Be able to install cameras and wireless access points, and configure when needed.
- Be able to terminate CAT 5e/6 cables in RJ-45 connectors, patch panel 110 block, or wall jacks.
- Knowledge of IT tools and correct procedure when using them.
- Additional training courses, get certifications, and be always trying to expand knowledge base and learn more.
2 years of college, technical or equivalent program in IT related field. 1-2 years of IT related work experience preferred. A+, Network+ or equivalent certification preferred with some wireless technical training or on the job experience.
Experience with Windows operating systems, Windows Server, MS Office Suite.
Experience with switches, routers, wireless antennas, access points and cameras.
Must have a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal histories.
Required to pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test in accordance with the Yakama Nation Drug & Alcohol Policy.
Location: Yakama Nation Networks
Base Pay: DOQ